- Morning’s in Nyuang shwe ,a town near Inle Lake, are really chilly. To deal with this, the locals walk around with thick wool blankets around their shoulders, their version of scarves I guess.
- The afternoon sun however can get quite aggressive.
- The rivers leading to the lake are quite, lets say, mucky. But it is clean enough for the locals to use and bath in.
- The fishing nets on Inle lake are coned shape and fishermen spear through them to catch the fish.
- There don’t seem to be many fish on the lake by the looks of the empty nets, however, there´s a whole bunch of seaweed – YUM
- Burmese love their fresh veg and fruit
- The bridges around the lake are not the most stable..
- Who needs arms to paddle boats?
- Houses aren´t made of bricks
- The locals are great at balancing themselves on the Burmese long-tail boats, however, foreigners aren´t.
- The pagodas are home to monks and Buddha, but also to many cats
- The atmosphere around Inle lake causes the sun to make more of a dramatic exit from the sky